Filter by Category
American Civics: Foundations of Statesmanship & Civics – Keeping Your Republic
American Civics: Foundations of Statesmanship & Civics – Keeping Your Republic (Live Evening Class)
with Mr. Austin Powell
*Easy Payment Plans: $84/month *(details below)
Grades: 9-12th (and adults)
Teacher-Led & Graded by J. Austin Powell, C.F.E., M.A.:
- Live Class: Weekly MONDAYS 6:00-7:15 PM ET, or
Flexible Recorded/Graded Option: Day/time does not work for you? Register Anyway for this LIVE class. Notify your teacher that you will watch the recorded class within a day or two of the LIVE class and meet all live class deadlines.
Course Dates: August 22, 2022-May 8, 2023
Cost: $588 (+$50 registration fee, not refundable)
Discounts: Promo Codes HERE
Instructor email: MrPowell@Apologia.com
More Information: No Prerequisites. Class description & teacher bio
Notes: Having trouble entering your non-USA address?
- See FAQ: Are Students Located Outside the United States Able to Enroll in Apologia's Live Online Classes?
*Approximate amount if registered by March 31. Payment plans will vary based on your registration date. Final payment due on or before Oct. 31. You may request a custom payment schedule AFTER you register.
The course will explore the Biblical principles of government and statesmanship, both in terms of key governmental processes and structures. Three key concepts – political knowledge, normative values, and expected behaviors – will be evaluated from a Biblical worldview.
Learning Outcomes include, but are not limited to:
- Identify the origins of government in both Classical and Christian historical contexts.
- Identify the establishment of government and its levels (local, state, Federal) from Biblical origins
- Compare and contrast a Democracy vs a Republic
- Examine policy issues in light of Biblical and political lenses
- Evaluate the impact of the Gospel on both Christian and modern conceptions of law
- Examine political concepts such as apportionment, voting, and elections
- Synthesize a Biblical model of statesmanship in the civic arena
- The importance of the electoral college
- Division of Powers
- U.S. Constitution & Bill of Rights
- Is Online Information Trustworthy?
- ...and much more